Apprentices play a crucial role here at HDR | Hurley Palmer Flatt Group, as they close the skill gap in the industry. The fresh ideas and insights that they bring to teams allows us to take a more innovative approach with projects and ways of working.
We are delighted to be part of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network and we pledge to drive diversity in apprenticeships through our 2020 commitment to:
- Create an apprenticeship recruitment strategy and process, by bringing Gamification to test the apprentices ability and personality in a fun way. This will also be used to develop the apprentice throughout their apprenticeship and after they have completed it.
- Support apprentice progression – By creating a strong mentor programme and having regular views to ensure the apprentices are progressing
- Champion diversity and apprenticeships within your social media
- Collaborate with Schools, colleges UTC to promote the apprenticeships we are offering
- Sign up to Women in Engineering Society and get approval to partner with them
What our apprentices are saying:
“Working as an apprentice at HDR | Hurley Palmer Flatt, I have been able to build on my university studies and gain a more detailed working knowledge of all parts of the industry in my day to day role.” – Charlie Hill, Trainee Public Health Engineer
“HDR | Hurley Palmer Flatt have provided me with valuable mentoring and relevant training; both essential for progression within my apprenticeship.” – Connor Hanlon, Intermediate Engineer
“Being an apprentice with HDR | Hurley Palmer Flatt has allowed me to begin developing a broad knowledge of building services as I have the opportunity to engage and learn from industry professionals both in the office and on site, whilst simultaneously studying for a degree at university.” – George Fall, Trainee Public Health Engineer
For more information on the apprenticeships we offer at HDR | Hurley Palmer Flatt Group, contact our Senior HR Officer in Learning and Development, Francesca Scull