Our advanced design methodology focuses on resolving early design challenges in an innovative, integrated and most importantly timely manner; it brings the following benefits:
- Consolidates a strategic multidisciplinary approach required at the early stages of building services design using in-house discipline experts.
- Delivers unique visual 3d sketch information quickly generated from our initial load assessments, effectively communicating plant requirements to achieve an integrated and coordinated design.
- Uses bespoke developed in-house computational modelling tools and parametric optimisation techniques to provide fast response data to inform the overall massing, façade detailing and quality of the external public realm, including terraces; focusing on user comfort and wellbeing.
- Challenges and drives the investigation of a wide range of innovative design solutions supported by informed engineering discipline experience and our energy and sustainability team.
We pride ourselves in being able to communicate the technical and non-technical aspects of the design in a concise and informative manner that engages the wider team and facilitates design resolutions.
Example services we can provide are listed below. These can be tailored to the project’s specific needs.
- Climatic and microclimatic analysis to derive overall environmental strategies
- Solar exposure assessment including programmatic/functional recommendations
- Massing analysis and masterplanning
- Passive design and energy strategies
- Façade environmental performance assessment
- Solar harm/benefit analysis
- Open space wind flow modelling
- Public realm annual comfort analysis
- Daylight design using climate-based daylight assessments and blind usage predictions
- Daylight quality assessments
- Special daylight interventions (heliostats, light pipes, etc)
- Multiparametric façade optimisation
- Natural ventilation design
- Energy demand assessments and design interventions for energy saving
- Design analysis and strategies for thermal comfort and wellbeing
- Quick 3d plant spatial assessment and coordination
- 2d and 3d early riser coordination
- New/Innovative technology appraisals